Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Viewing the June Bug!

Yesterday was the BIG day and I had my anatomy ultrasound!  We got to see the June Bug loud and clear on the flat screen tv!  I picked Miss Hannah up a bit early from school and we headed on over to the doctors.  Hannah was so cute about being able to recognize the baby's head and belly.  She was also so helpful in taking care of Layla while the tech viewed the bug.  I closed my eyes and turned my head when the tech went to the under regions.  I was good and even though the temptation was so overwhelming, I kept my promise to keep the baby's sex a suprise to the end!  June bug was all cozy and sleepy and actually had it's head tucked so far away that the tech was not able to scan the baby's face so Dr. Boyle would like me to have another ultrasound in two weeks just to make sure everything checks out okay.  I was thrilled to be able to have another ultrasound, but at the same time, the temptation will be staring me right in the face again!  I am sure I will get through it just fine.  Another week and I will be half way there.  WOW did THAT go by fast!  I knew it would.  I just love feeling the bug move and squirm.  It really is the most reassuring feeling.  I cant wait to meet this little one and I have been having some really vivid dreams about caring for three little monkeys.  I will say, I am getting the "girl" vibe.  Not to say that it couldnt be a boy, but last night's dream entailled me frocklicking about Block Island with my three girls.  We shall see.  Whatever God's wish is I am fine with.  I just pray that this bug is healthy.  That is my one wish!

Other than that, not too much going on.  Billy is still up in New Hampshire and the girls and I have been getting by.  I have been organized for the first time in my life with making meal plans and having dinner on the table at a decent time.  Organization is certainly key in this respect.  Now if I can only find the time to incorporate exercise into this regime, I would be all set.  By the time the girls go down to bed, I am utterly exhausted and I am not able to do much at all.  Moreover, Hannah ahs been giving me a real tough time these past two weeks.  Again it is always hard to decipher her behavior.  I am suspecting an ear infection but I can never be sure.  I just ordered an otoscope because I am tired of the guessing game.  She doesnt have a fever, but her eyes look sunken in and tired.  She has also been sluggish lately and Billy even noticed her lack of enthusiasm at hockey this weekend.  I received a phone call from school this afternnon saying she was at the nurse's office and both her ears were hurting her.  She did not want to eat her lunch or go back to class.  So I went and picked her up.  I have a prescription for antibiotic that I think I may just start her on it.  It becomes such a pain to try and get her into the Pediatrician's office for an ear check.  Lately I have been there every 2 weeks and they have diagnosed her with one, so I am hoping to just start her on the meds and fingers crossed I will see an improvement in her behavior.  As it stands I am quite disgusted by the way she has been talking to me.  I have taken away everything from television to movie night and I have not seen much of an improvement.  I really need to get a grip on this because she is only 5.  If she acts this way now, we are doomed by the time she is 10.  She can be so very sweet and lovable, but when she gets the freshies.. it is brutal I tell ya.  So hopefully we will get a grip on this and send her on the right path!

That's all for today.  I will try and scan some pics of the June Bug and get them up on here tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment