Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Friday, January 29, 2010

The Bambino



Oh my what a wonderful visit we had at the ultrasound office yesterday.  My OB sent me to a place that performs Level 2 ultrasounds based on my age and the fact that the JuneBug didnt cooperate and show his or her face at my anatomy scan.  Also because Billy has a minor heart/valve issue that may be congenital.  We had to do this for Layla as well because of Billy's heart issue but the place we went to yesterday... OH ME LORD!  Who would of thunk that a place so beautiful could exist on Allens Avenue?????  I tell you I was begging the tech to see if there was a way I could give birth there!  The waiting room was just full of these bright wonderful colors with a whole seperate kids area filled with anything a child could possibly want.  It was accessorized with a gigantic tropical fish tank.  Layla thought it was magnificent and loved that the fish kept playing hide and seek with her.  The receptionist desk had an array of cinamon cake and fruit displayed on it for your liking and the music sounded as if I was the Red Door Spa at the Biltmore.  I havent even begun to describe the bathroom yet!  That came complete with a shower and beautiful stone tile and one of those modern sink and faucet duos.. it was soooo very elegant and beautiful!  I swear, I didnt want to leave!

The tech we had was wonderful and so very nice.  She kept playing with the baby and saying how cute he or she was!  JuneBug was a bit rambunctious and was having a jolly time flipping all about.  Yet, the tech was able to get all of the pictures she needed in order to tell us that the bug was looking just right!  There was one point where she said she was going "down there" if we wanted to know the sex and for a split second I looked at Billy and we were about to cave, but somehow I mustered up the courage to avoid the temptation and I looked away and said no!  Afterwards the heart doctor met us in his office and went over the results as well saying that the heart looked great and the blood was flowing through the chambers just fine!  It was such a wonderful appointment and looking at the pictures.. I just think they are sooo very cool!  I have never had pictures of either of my girls in the utero like this and I cant help but notice that this bug looks so very much like Miss Layla!    Ahhh  only 19 more weeks and the identity will be revealed! 

Last but not least, Mom and Dad left for Florida today.  They are driving down to Naples and will be there for 6 weeks.  Is it bad that I still cry when my parents leave?  Seriously, ever since I was a kid and they would go on business trips, they would leave and I would bawl my eyes out.  Even back then I was always so worried that this goodbye would be the last.  Hence the reason why I hate goodbyes.  I know this trip will be good for them, especially my Mom.  I am hoping they get exactly what they need and that is some much deserved rest and relaxation.  I just pray that they make it there safely.  I also pray that the sky opens up and sends me plane tickets so I can take the girls and go visit them!  LOL  Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment