Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Friday, March 27, 2009

Happy Friday

Well all in all it has been a good week for us. The kids seem to be healthy and I am noticing a change in Layla. I feel like she is happier and I am starting to notice more milestones with her as well. She decided to sing Happy Birthday in Church yesterday and it was quite ironic because the whole reason we were in Church was for my Mama's Birthday remembrance. Hmmm is she in tune to Mama or what? Maybe because they share the name Viola? Anyhow it was a hoot to hear her sing as it goes something like this, "Happeeeee Dtoooyouuuu." Speaking of remembrances of Mama, my Hannah had gone upstairs to change her pants for Church because she had spilled water on them. She came downstairs in a whole new outfit and upon me asking her why she said, "Well I know it is Mama's Birthday so I wanted to wear something with butterflies for her." Ahhhhh These are the times where my heart literally bursts with love for my girls. These are the times when I realize how very fortunate I am to be a Mom.

I am glad that it is Friday and we have another fun filled weekend ahead of us. Birthday parties and Baby Showers! I am also looking forward to spending some time with my friend Shannon this evening as she continues to fill my brain with all the wonderful aspects of Photoshop & Lightroom. She is my mentor and I, humbly her apprentice! HA! Maybe someday.. I will be able to do something with this passion. Until then, I will continue to learn all that I can.. or as much as my sleep deprived brain can handle.
I will leave today posting the lyrics to one more of my favorite songs by Kenny Chesney. Although the days can sometimes be a struggle and the nights long and sleepless, THANK GOD FOR KIDS!


If it weren't for kids have you ever thought
There wouldn't be no Santa Clause
Look what the stork just brought
Thank God for Kids
We'd all live in a quiet house
Without Big Bird or a Mickey Mouse
And Kool-aid on the couch
Thank God for Kids
Thank God for kids there's magic for a while
A special kind of sunshine in a smile
Do you ever stop to think? or wonder why?
The nearest thing to Heaven is a child
Daddy how does this thing fly?
A hundred other where's and why's
You really don't know but we try
Thank God for Kids
When you look down in those trustin eyes
That look to you, you realize
Its love that you can't buy
Thank God for Kids
Thank God for there's magic for a while
A special kind of sunshine in a smile
Do you ever stop to think? or wonder why?
The nearest thing to Heaven is a child
When you get down on your knees tonight
To thank the Lord for his guiding light
And pray they turn out right
Thank God for Kids
Thank God for Kids

Congratulations to all those babies born this week and looking forward to more in the coming weeks! Welcome to the world Grant and Chloe!

No comments:

Post a Comment