Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Monday, March 9, 2009

and the time flies by, ever so quickly

Well we embarked on yet another major milestone this weekend. Yes, Miss Hannah had her very first date. With Daddy that is! Her very first Father Daughter Dance. I really can't believe the time has come for my bitty bean to be grown into a little lady. Seriously! This kid was born at 5lbs only 4 and a half very short years ago and there we stood Saturday night as Daddy put a wrist corsage on her. You bet your stars that Mommy was hysterically crying!

It seemed almost surreal to me as the girls played in the yard only hours before in the warm weather. Hannah was a filthy mess, hair all a strew. We gave her a shower and glammed her up and in less than an hour she had transformed into this timeless beauty. She literally took my breath away. Never before had I seen her look so grown up and so beautiful. I snapped as many pictures as she let me get away with and then I sent them on their way.

I think Billy was just as excited to share this special first with her as well. He looked so dapper all dressed up! He said he had a great time watching Hannah flit all about the dance floor. He got an even bigger kick out of her begging him to dance with her once "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" came on. Billy also said that Hannah was the best dressed and I have to thank Auntie Melisa for that. Once again she saved my butt with the beautiful dress!

I decided to have my own "date night" with Miss Layla and we headed to Michaels to finish some of our secret crafts that we are doing. Then we hit Panera where the kid was literally the talk of the place. I cant tell you how many people came up to me to comment on how beautiful she was from her posture to her big brown eyes! It was really nice to have so many people pay attention to her. It truly warmed my heart.

Now I must make the phone call to Boston to see if there are any results back on Miss Layla... more to come.. I hope.. but I will leave you with some gorgeous pictures of my beautiful girls...



This picture was to prove that I did not force her to wear tights!



















This was her KitchenAid Mixer pose! LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment