Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy Halloween 2008

Well the weekend was a full one to say the least! Friday night the kids had a BLAST at our Halloween party. I am most definitely making it an annual event.. if only we could find a larger house one of these days to accommodate all these beautiful children! Every single person we invited came and even baby Reanna made a guest appearance. It was so nice to have Ben, Nate and Drew represent for the boys as the rest of the 12 children were all girls. The kids loved the story Auntie Leanne read and they loved making their little black spiders as well. (Great idea Auntie Melisa!)






The costumes were terrific and I loved seeing everyone truly enjoy themselves.. that is until Papa decided to scare the crap out of all the kids and run in the house wearing all black and a scary mask. Poor Makenzie was traumatized and Hannah even got a little spooked. When she ever realized it was Papa.. he was in big trouble! I am not sure if little Makenzie will ever visit our house again after that incident! Poor little doll.










The only other glitch in our evening was when Miss Layla got her hand into some peanut butter. Now my pediatrician had said it was okay to try when she turned a year old, however, I remember that with Hannah she had said to wait until she was 2. (Not sure why she told me 1 with Layla) My gut feeling told me to let it go a few more months and then give it a try since she seems to be so sensitive to things and has to have Soy milk instead of whole milk. If anyone was going to be allergic to it, I knew it would be Miss Layla. When I saw the peanut butter on her hand and realized she was chewing something, I really didn't get too nervous. Billy cleaned her hand and about our fun we went. About 15 minutes later I picked her up to change her diaper and all of a sudden her face was covered in hives and her lips were ballooning out. I swear she looked like a float in the Macy's day parade or something. Needless to say, I panicked. Yes, I lost it. Why I am not sure because of everything I use to deal with when Miss Hannah was sick, you might of thought I would have stayed calm. Nope.. I most certainly did not. After reaching the doctor we dosed her up with Baby Benadryl and thankfully the swelling started to go down. Needless to say we only made it to a few houses trick or treating and it looks as though we can safely say that the ravioli is allergic to peanut butter! OYE!


Saturday we had a bunch of errands to finish up and then we had my Memere's remembrance mass. The girls were great in church and Layla was actually quite comical yelling out "HI" in her deep raspy voice while the priest was speaking. We ventured out to eat afterwards while Layla slept in her car seat the whole time and then we headed to go visit baby Reanna so Billy could meet her.


Yesterday, was baby Addison's Christening and the day was just beautiful. The dress looked so adorable on her and she just has the most kissable face! Billy was so proud to stand up and be her God father. We went to eat afterwards and the food was just delicious. Hannah had a bit of a meltdown but after I nipped it in the bud, she was fine the rest of the day. Poor kid was pretty much completely exhausted and she fell asleep as soon as we got home.






I am looking forward to a not so crazy week.. I think??? As I believe I have come down with a nasty chest cold and I feel like I got hit by a truck!


No comments:

Post a Comment