Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Friday, November 14, 2008

A conversation with Hannah

Hannah and I have many conversations on a daily basis however, my favorite ones are the ones that she gets excessively dramatic about. Let's face it, the kid certainly has a flair for the dramatics.. eh hem.. not sure who she takes after. She can tell stories like no other and there are times when I even have a hard time trying to figure out whether she has made the whole thing up or if she is telling the truth. Either way, they are hysterical and leave me laughing about them throughout my day.


A few days ago we were doing crafts and listening to Christmas music and she heard someone refer to Mrs. Claus in a song. She was completely thrown for a loop. She most often has an amazing memory of facts, people and places, but this afternoon, Mrs. Claus must have slipped her memory and she immediately stopped what she was doing and said, "Who on earth is Mrs. Claus?" I was shocked that she asked me this question and replied, "Han.. you dont remember who Mrs. Claus is?" She had no recollection. So me being the non dramatic person I am, (insert laugh here) started flailing my arms and explaining to her that she was the very reason Santa even existed. For without her, Santa would be skinny! That it was because of Mrs. Clause feeding him cookies and milk, that he stayed plump and round. Moreover, that she kept him well fed and up on the new "in" toys so that he could get to work creating them in his workshop. She looked at me with her head tilted and thought for a moment and then decided she would accept my story. I in return, realized once again, that parenthood is all about deceit. (Isn't that terrible?)


This morning during breakfast she still had Santa on the brain. Probably because I have had to make a few phone calls to him about Hannah's behavior. She asked me where Santa lived. "What Hannah? Are you still asleep? You know where Santa lives. Why the North Pole of course!" ..."Oh yeah.. I forgot Mommy. But what I meant was, where is his Vacation Home?" badum bum.. this is where the youth of America's minds are and sadly, we have created it as parents just trying to give our kids everything we can because we love them so. I mustered a simple "The South Pole" and she was a little leery because she felt as though his vacation home was at Santa's Village.


I hold these conversations with her so near and dear because I know that these will be the same memories I will hold onto when I am old and gray and longing for her companionship. What a miraculous child she really is. Lord knows she can pull my every string, but she certainly melts my heart most often.


Miss Layla is continuing to walk all about. She certainly is still my cuddle bug though and constantly wants Mommy to hold her! I still, am loving every minute of it.

The girls and I have been working on some great Christmas crafts for our family and friends. It has been a lot of hard work with much effort and time, but I have to say, I am truly impressed with the outcome. Hoping that my nieces will love their treats!


Lastly, I need to let you know of my recent purchase from itunes..(sorry Billy). I keep hearing a certain Christmas tune and havent been able to get it out of my head. Turns out, the entire album is spectacular! It is a must purchase! Called, "Holiday Spirit" by Straight No Chaser. This is truly a 5 star album!

The little love bug!
Doing some Christmas Shopping early and look what I got! LOL

Leo loves cuddling with her as well!


Auntie Leanne sent me this pic from the night of the pumpkins in the park and I just love it!





No comments:

Post a Comment