Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Friday, February 4, 2011

Mama said there'd be days like this...

Does it seem as though every time I blog, my kids are sick? Hmmm maybe that is because my kids are sick ALL THE TIME! LOL Despite my loading them up with fruits, vegetables and vitamins... they somehow always seem to catch something and catch something often..sigh. Poor Cam has a nasty virus and has been exploding his diaper out every hour or so since yesterday. He started vomiting last night but thankfully that has subsided today. Yet, through it all he is still my darling, little, happy boy! God I love him so much. What a completely different experience to raise a son. He is so very good natured and much more advanced motor wise than my girls. He has already begun to crawl at 7 & 1/2 months! He has begun the Ma Ma and Da Da babble as well. AND he is the only one to have said MA MA first! Just saying! LOL


Miss Layla also has a taste of the bug. Her's seems to be more of a high fever and belly ache. She has spent most of the day on the couch watching SCOOBY DOO... Where are you! She hasn't eaten a meal since yesterday morning but is thankfully taking her special formula to keep her hydrated. This child is an utter joy. Her personality is second to none. She is quick witted, cute as a button and extremely disobedient lately... the last part we are trying to nip in the bud. It is sometimes so very difficult to reprimand her because as you are talking stern to her, she'll look you right in the face and say, "Mommy... you're fired!" The kid is a trip! The things that come out of her mouth are priceless. She came up to me yesterday all exasperated saying, "Mommy, it's a miracle! I found my baby doll!" Her verbiage is just hilarious. Thankfully she still says, "Hold you Mommy, hold you." So glad I still have that one! :) This little ravioli will be following her sister's suit and will be getting ear tubes put in on Wednesday. Hoping that this cuts down on the constant ear infections and the constant antibiotics. I wasn't sure what to do with her, but her doctor made some very good points. Due to her asthma and respiratory issues, she really needs to save her antibiotic treatments for when she has these breathing issues and infections. To be having her on all this antibiotics for ear infections will make her immune to them for when she really needs them for the more serious breathing issues. Made total sense to me! Praying that the tubes diminish the ear infections so we can get her back on her feet!


Miss Hannah banana meatball is growing like a weed! Seriously, if she falls asleep on the couch or in the car, I can't even carry her anymore! I have to wake her up! She is just so grown up that it really depresses me sometimes. There is no more "little girl" in her anymore. There's no more princess and fairy tales. She thinks she is a rock star. It kills me. No more flowy dresses and fancy shoes. It's all about the black leggins and rock star shirts. OHHH Mon Dieu! I am so brought right back to my own childhood and all the battles I would have with my mother over this very same isssue!!!! (and in my head I hear... " I hope your kids do to you, what you do to me.") For the most part, I let her be her own person. Within reason of course. She is doing tremendous in school and received a fantastic report card this quarter. Complete with an "Outstanding" in spelling! All that studying has got her 100% on every test! She is maturing so much in dance as well. I can't believe the difference a year has made. She is so much more focused and she has gotten so much stronger! I watch her gracefulness in awe and remember how very much I use to love dancing. (Although we do reserve time every week to groove on down and I bust a move with them on several occasions!) On the flip side.. she is growing even stronger in hockey. Her skating is unbelievable! I still shake my head at having a dancing, hockey player! LOL


Other than that, we have just been getting buried in snow, sleet & ice. Literally. I dont remember having a winter this cold and with as many storms as we have had. We are gearing up for another tomorrow. For the most part, I have found the snow covered earth very beautiful and peaceful. This last sleet/ice storm however.. I was not very fond of. Thinking I may be tiring of it all real soon.


We lost Pa Sutcliffe last week. He was 87 about to be 88. He was a true hero in my eyes. A gentleman to the core. An amazing American with so many wonderful attributes. His wake went on for longer than an hour after the calling hours ended. There were lines and lines of people waiting to pay their respects to him. This spoke volumes to me. He is so going to be missed. This was Pete's worst fear, that his grandfather would pass while he was serving our Country in Kuwait. I am so sorry he wasn't able to say good-bye the way he had wanted. I do know, that Pa is still surrounding us with his love and watching over us from above. He is a man that many could learn a thing or two from just by following his example. I plan to do just that!


In closing, I just wanted to share a little information that I received yesterday via a friend. (Thank you Allison!) There is a local family in Lincoln, RI that is in need of help. They are planning a fundraiser to raise funds to help their 12 year old son, Michael fight cancer. I have said this many times throughout this blog but I am about to say it again. I haven't had it easy with my children's health.. that is for sure. Especially with Hannah, when we almost lost her as an infant. But I got a second chance. God healed her for me and I will never, ever forget how truly blessed I am to have these three "healthy" kids. Ear infections can be fixed, viruses go away. Cancer is evil and rocks you to your very core. To hear of yet another child fighting this disease frustrates me to no end! I would be ignoring all the good Lord has given me, if I didn't choose to help. I'm asking that you do to. No amount is too small. A gift certificate, a donated service... anything at all will help. Please visit the link to learn more and keep this family in your prayers!


http://http//www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/Support-Michael/180750448628582


Here are some pics of Miss Ravioli that we took for my friend Sarah's Cha Cha Louise clothing line... visit her site for some GORGEOUS handmade vintage clothing for little girls! http://www.chachalouise.com/


















No comments:

Post a Comment