Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Thursday, September 18, 2008


Hannah Monkey


Layla Cakes

When I was young, every Spring and Fall my mother would make us do this big cleaning in our house. She would say, "Spring Cleaning time".. or "Fall Cleaning time". Begrudgingly, we would have to wash walls, scrub floors.. the whole shebang. I always said that when I grew up.. I was never going to put my kids through this. I have to say, for the most part, I have kept my promise.. that is ...until yesterday! Lately I feel like the toys are overgrowing the family room, the drawers are a mess and the kids clothes need to be transferred to bins. Overwhelmed? YES! We started with organizing some of the toys and rearranging the living room. Why do I do this? I dont know, because it always ends up rearranged back the same way, as there are only so many spots you can put a couch~ We then went up to Hannah's closet and tackled that. Baby steps...Kerri.. Baby steps!

Then the girls played in the yard as Hannah insisted they must wear their tu-tus. We ate a quick dinner and then headed for a nice long walk. The weather was perfect yesterday evening and both the kids were out cold by 7:15. I have to say that I love walking with them in the cool weather. I bundle them in their pj's and blankies and off we go. Hannah often talks to me about all the things she sees or she will bring up something we saw in the past on our walking route. Her favorite is the "Scary Tree" whose routes have torn up the sidewalk. She always looks for it and shouts it's name the instant she sees it. I really enjoy these walks with them and I am hoping that I can get a bunch more in before the first snow fall.


Do I have Divas or what?


Han posing in her bedroom..



Pretty in Purple



She was very inquisitive about the leaves


And I got her grabbing her ear on camera? Again this is constant!


One funny thing about dinner last night was that I had served Hannah first. As I was walking Layla's plate over to her, I started laughing. The peanut had fallen asleep in her highchair! It was only 5:15! Hannah and I got such a kick out of it as it was quite funny to see! We woke her up and tried to feed her, however, 10 minutes later, she was back to sleep. .. sitting straight up! Poor kid was tired!








Layla could give Grandma Rose a run for her money! She is almost walking on her own!!! (Sigh...my baby is growing up!)


And this is what she was doing while she was supposed to be napping today!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment