Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Monday, August 3, 2009

Standing Still in Time

















This weekend surmised everything I love about Motherhood. The girls and I were finally able to sit back, relax and enjoy a summer weekend. Something I have been aching to do for quite some time! We headed down to RCB around 5:30 Friday night. The girls were excellent in the car despite the traffic and the fact that they were starving. We got in about 6:30 and opened up the house. We made some dinner and played some games. Then Hannah read us a book and we got in our pj's and snuggled in for the best night's sleep we have all had in a very long time. In all honesty, I woke up in a panic at 2:30 AM thinking something was wrong or that someone had stolen the children. Yet, upon checking in on them, they were both sound asleep and I didnt hear from them until they walked into my room and woke ME up at 7:15AM! THANK YOU OCEAN AIR! It was quite the greeting and I was so excited to spend the day on the beach with the girls. We went for our morning walk to look for seashells, or rocks, as the water at RCB tends to be quite rough and shells dont really make it to the shore. Upon our walk we met an adorable black lab whom we stopped to play ball with. I took a ton of pictures and literally soaked up every single minute of the morning.

After arriving back from our walk we hit the beach to make our sand castles and play with our beach friends. The water was amazingly rough and I couldn't wait to hit the waves which reminded me much of the North Shore Hawaii Surf Competition-The Pipeline. Seriously, the waves were 10 feet tall! My sister in law Leanne and I were able to get in and have a blast until the strength of the water took her down pretty hard. Scary moment, but thankfully she was okay. I even had a minor episode when a wave broke pretty far out and sent me plummeting down on the rocks unable to get up for a few minutes. I remember being a kid and wondering how people got hurt riding waves. I was a water baby.. still am but as I have grown older I have come to appreciate the fact that the ocean water is a force not to be reckoned with. I can now wrap my mind around how strong and forceful it can be an how easily it can truly take lives. I respect it all the same and I know my limitations these days. However, diving into the waves brought back a few moments of my childhood innocence about the water. This as well as Hannah and I doing cartwheels in the sand. Yes, I actually decided that I could step out of my Mommy comfort zone and be a kid again. We put on quite the display of acrobatics and it REALLY felt good to be a kid again. I think I may have shocked Hannah a bit. She had no idea her Mommy still had it in her.. quite frankly, I think I shocked myself!

I really am grateful for the weekend we had. Precious moments spent with my girls and family. It certainly will be one of the most memorable of the summer. Now we are heading up North for a 2 day work break to spend some time at the New Hampshire house. I am one lucky girl and I am glad for the break in work and the time I am able to spend with the family and my precious little miracles!

No comments:

Post a Comment