Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Monday, July 13, 2009

Hannah Banana Meatball's Milestone


Well I have survived the turning FIVE! Yes, my 5lb 2 oz little meatball turned 5 yesterday! Thankfully our weekend was a blur of craziness which left me little time to be depressed over the fact that my first born miracle is now 5. However, there were a few moments (mostly in the nighttime insomniac mode) where I began to get choked up while taking a trip down memory lane. What kept me afloat and optimistic is the sure fact that I have my Hannah. I have her. There was a time when uncertainties about her health made us unsure if she was going to make 4 months. Five years later, I HAVE HER! I KNOW that I am BLESSED. I know that I am fortunate. I know that my life has been graced by a miracle that the Lord above sent me.

It is so wonderful to watch Hannah grow into this unbelievable little person. Strong willed, determined, sentimental, emotional, happy go lucky and independent child she is. I never thought she would get my emotional sensitive qualities, but she has. Yet, she is also so strong and determined that I know for sure Hannah is going to do something great in this lifetime. She excels at so much! She wants to be involved in so much!

Wasn't it just yesterday that she crawled for the first time? She was 11 months and we were on Block Island when all of a sudden, she just crawled! She had never attempted it before. Just decided she wanted to get from point A to point B quicker and did it! I was so worried that she wouldnt crawl as a side affect to all the medication she was on..or because some portion of her brain had been damaged, but no, she crawled, right then and there! Less than two months later at 14 months.. she walked. Same thing. She never really attempted to walk. She was far too busy perfecting her crawl when one day she just stood up and walked. Straight across the room. I want to say it was 6 or 7 steps she took. I chuckle when I am thinking about it now because this said then, what we would soon learn about her personality.

Hannah really is a star. She's my star. She is my hero. She brings so much joy to everyone she meets. She keeps us on our toes and she keeps us laughing. She dances through our lives bringing me more joy than I ever could have imagined. She inspires me and can help change my mood in an instant. Lately, I love the new "friend" quality in our relationship. She quickly learned about my love for Michael Jackson as she had to endure my depression over his death. She now loves to dance on our coffee table to thriller! LOL Sometimes I think she is a mini me, but then she also has so many of her Daddy's great qualities as well.

So baby girl is 5 and life is continuing to go on and on quicker than I ever thought imaginable. Yet, I know that these are the good years and I am completely grasping onto every single second of them!

Happy Birthday my dear Hannah! Happy 5th Birthday! xoxoxo








No comments:

Post a Comment