Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

What life is all about

I have a few friends that I often talk to and they always ask, "How do you do it? Aren't you so tired with work and raising two children? How do you keep up?" I have to say that having children certainly can keep you on your toes and there are some days when you just want to soak in the suds of a bubble bath and throw in the towel. But I have to say, although parenting may have it's crazy and tiring moments, the rewards surely outweigh the trying times. Last night, was one of these times.

Hannah can be quite tough to put to bed at night. She is doing great with her bed time, yet, she still gets in moods where she begs one of us to lay with her. Last night, we went upstairs and I read her a book. We talked about her day at school and then I told her it was time for sleep. She started to protest and then asked me to get her a stuffed animal that she had left downstairs. Upon me returning to her bedroom, I saw her eyes closed but her mouth was moving. I asked her whom she was talking to and she replied, "God. You know, he is always with me." The warm and fuzzies came over me as again, this was proof, that Han was surely in the right school. We continued to talk a bit more before she started to speak of heaven. When she told me that her bed in heaven would be pink with a purple pillow, I started to cry. I tried not too, but even just the smidge of that thought was very overwhelming for me. She consoled me and told me it would be alright and physically wiped my tears away. I told her that although heaven was the most beautiful place she would ever see, I was not ready for her to go there any time soon. After composing myself, I told her only a few more minutes and then I would have to go downstairs and she would have to fall asleep. Usually this would cause her to get agitated and she would continue to beg for me to stay. Not this night. Instead she said again, "That's okay Mommy, I am not scared, God is with me and I will talk to him." I asked her to close her eyes and I did the same. A few moments later I opened mine to see if hers where shut. Indeed they were however, she was waving up at the ceiling. Again, another warm fuzzy moment.. not without a few internal giggles on my end. A moment later Hannah sprung up to a seated position and said, "MOMMY.. if God is always with me.. what happens when he has to do grocery shopping?"

I kid you not that I somehow mustered out of my mouth that he has "people" to do such things because that is all I could think of at the time. I am sure there are some much better answers for this question she asked, but the humor in the moment was completely overwhelming and I just hugged her as tightly as I possibly could. That moment right there, took away all the frustrating moments I can sometimes have with Hannah in the course of a day. It is times like these, that I realize, how very special Motherhood is and how fortunate I am to have my girls. Times like these make me love my children even more than I thought my heart was capable of. Times like these, that I know the true reasons why God sent me Hannah.

Song for the day.. "I Saw God Today" - George Strait











Hmmm I could use something to eat here...

Oh you caught me Mommy!


Hannah and Mr. Leo.. cuddling


Big girl Layla Grayce


My little chef, Hannah

The meatball.. making meatballs


How she loves to cook. We made a delicious apple pie on Sunday too!

TUB TIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment