Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

September!

First and foremost, the weekend was FANTASTIC! Cousin Amy's wedding was simply beautiful and I had the time of my life! It had been a long time since I had cut loose and rocked it up and if I must say so myself, this mother of two kept up with the youngins! Amy looked stunning and Kevin, so handsome. They truly do make such the perfect pair and I was so happy that the rain held out so that they could have their ceremony on the deck of the Inn. It was amazing to watch the two of them say their vows. Everything was perfect from the dj to the flowers and I am so happy for the two of them to begin their lives together. A good time was had by all and it will certainly go down in the books as such a fun wedding! (If only I hadnt misplaced my camera.. I wish I had some pictures to post! I am sure I will be getting some soon and then I will put them up!)



Sunday was a perfect day as well and Billy and I took the girls to the zoo. It had been a few years since we had gone and what fun we had! The best part about the day was visiting the butterflies. They had an exhibit set up and it was truly amazing to watch all of the butterflies flit about. Oh how Mama would have loved it. I couldnt help but think of her as we walked through and in a way, I felt so close to her being amongst those fascinating creatures. Almost as if there she were, fluttering about with the butterflies. Hannah even acknowledged the fact that "Mama loves butterflies" and it definitely made my heart warm. I also love how Han always talks about her as if she is still here. Using present tense instead of past. It makes me believe that there are truly parts of her still present with us and I really like thinking that way. Aside from the butterflies, the giraffes were also a favorite. I just think they are sensational creatures. Dont they get tired from holding their necks up so high?



Yesterday was a very productive day as well. I have to say that September has got to be one of my favorite months! I was so excited to have the month begin that I actually took out all of my Fall decorations early! I love the month because the weather is still warm, but not too warm. The grass turns that lovely green color and Mums are in season. I LOVE MUMS! The girls and I actually took a ride to the nursery and purchased 2 Mums and an old wooden chair. Yes, that's right, a chair! It looks perfect on the porch with the orange Mum on it and Billy loved it as well.



We spent the day doing some much needed yard work. I even took a spin at using the power washer and I ended up being a pro. By the time Billy came home from Lowes, half of the fence was done! It looks great too! Now if I can only find the time to do the other half! We have so much work to do in our backyard before we can even think about having Layla's birthday party out there. I am hoping that we can continue at a good clip yet, there are always so many things going on that we never get the chance to just buckle down and do it all. I do have the best of intentions however, to get it done and to get it done before the ravioli's first birthday. Fingers crossed, we'll do it.



Last but not least, I must post that we got some exciting news this morning. Auntie Leanne text me that she was on her way to the hospital that she was in labor! Ohhhh we are so excited to meet the newest family member and the girls are thrilled to be having a new cousin. We are much looking forward to Addison's arrival and I hope that Leanne has a quick delivery! I am sure there will be some new pictures of my niece to post during the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment