Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Concerned

Okay, I am really starting to get concerned about Layla. She just has not been herself these past 3 1/2 weeks and I dont know what is up. 2 weeks ago I took her to the doctor expecting a diagnosis of an ear infection. She had a fever between 100 - 101 and had been tugging on her ears, cranky and restless during her sleep. No ear infection was detected and we were sent on our way. I chalked it up to teeth and kept going. Yet, the fever stayed and no teeth are even the slightest bit detectable. Yesterday, I took her again since nothing had changed and her behavior was still the same and fever still there, even though low grade. Again.. nothing. She looked for a sign of teething and she too, found nothing.
I am just not comfortable with this "Nothing's Wrong" diagnosis because her behavior is telling me otherwise. Not that she is inconsolable or cranky all the time.. just more so than she has ever been. Is it a stage or is it something else? Last time I checked, stages dont come along with fevers. I am at wits end trying to figure out what is wrong. I know that my past experience with Hannah has certainly made me a bit more worrisome, but at the same time, if it werent for my intuition with Hannah, she wouldnt be here. If I hadnt persisted and switched doctors... aye...(sigh) It is not just me noticing these differences either. Every time I start to get comfortable with the "Nothing's Wrong" diagnosis, someone else will hold her and tell me otherwise. 3 other people and Billy as well, have held her in the past couple of days and have told me that she feels warm. Billy also agrees that she is not herself.
I have a call into her Pediatrician because the last two doctors I have seen have not been the one Pediatrician I totally trust and the one that helped Hannah. They are all great doctors, but I am so partial to Dr. Sowa because she knows firsthand what I went through with Hannah. She is off today but I am hoping that she will call me first thing tomorrow and we can go from there. I am just so unsettled about all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment