Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Vacation Week

This week was Hannah's vacation week from school and we have somehow managed to do something fun every day! Two kids at the office every day has been a bit challenging but I have been determined to make it fun for them! Monday night Hannah and I had a date night and I took her out to dinner and to see the much anticipated Hannah Montana movie. I need to rant a little bit on this subject because up until this movie I was a little unclear about how I felt about Miley Cyrus. I do like watching her show and I like to listen to her music with Hannah. Hannah sure gets a kick out of her and wants to be just like her even at such a young age. I have always been a fan of Billy Ray as country music has my heart and soul, yet I was a bit afraid of Hannah looking up to a pop star that was much older than she. Although adorable, HM's character has a bit of a little attitude in the show and I was afraid that Hannah may pick up on this and it is not exactly what I wanted her to look up to. I also was a little concerned about the pictures that had surfaced of her on the Internet and on the cover of Vanity Fair. However, I do believe that the media is to blame for some of these issues and is often found manipulating these young actors and actresses. This being said, I do believe this show was created for teenagers and low and behold it caught on to the youngsters as well. I have also followed many news articles about how Miley was raised and how her parents keep a tight hold on her so that she doesnt end up this teenager running all over Hollywood. All in all Hannah got hooked on Miley because of the name thing and many family members would buy her items because of the name thing as well. What I am trying to lead up to here is that we went to see the movie Monday night and I have to tell you, I would see it again a million times over. It was sooo good and it put any fears to rest that I had about Hannah looking up to Miley Cyrus. I adored everything about this movie, what it stood for and the message it was meant to send. Everything about it was adorable from the characters right on down to the music and I will even admit there was a part where I got teary eyed (the Butterfly Fly Away song)! The all star cast from Miley, to Billy Ray, to Taylor Swift and the Rascall Flatts was phenomenal. Again.. a country gal at heart, this was truly delightful and entertaining to watch! Okay, I am done my rant.

The most important part of the evening was that I finally got to spend some one on one time with my Hannah. We had more fun giggling and skipping into the movie theater. Although I think I may have actually embarrassed the kid at one point. She made me stop skipping! Whoa.. already this is starting! HA! I am in for it. She got a big kick out of how we kept the whole evening a big secret and wouldnt tell anyone where we went and what we did. It was so wonderful to have this Hannah time and a nice change of pace.

Tuesday we went to Toys R Us with the girl's Easter gift certificates. Although this wasnt without incident as I had gone to get Hannah out of the car seat and the poor kid's face was covered in hives and these huge welts. What??? I mean this is Hannah now? I had to run to CVS and grab some Benadryl to get it to calm down. It did and we went skipping through the isles of Toys R Us no problem! Hannah ended up with a beauty salon kit and Layla.. a 6 pack of high heels. Yes, she is my high heeled kid. I can't open my closet without her freaking out and putting her feet in my heels. Usually we see her strutting around with just one on and it is hilarious! If Hannah takes her shoes off, Layla is right there putting her feet in them. Ahhhh the fun of having girly girls!

Yesterday we established Hannah's face hives were from Cadbury Mini Eggs after we had another episode of the facial hives. RANDOM! Yet, in looking up the ingredients, apparently they have Hazelnut protein in them and this could be the cause. Hannah was always able to eat peanut butter without an issue but I did read that you can be allergic to one and not the other. So it is between this and the dyes in the candy that must have caused her to be allergic. I swear there is never a dull moment in our household and Lord did I get it back 10 fold! After dinner our treat was to walk to Cool Licks. Although it was quite cold, I bundled the girls up and off we went! Hannah ordered her usual vanilla Dole Whip with rainbow sprinkles and Layla and I shared a vanilla Dole Whip as well. She seemed to be alright with it, which is good to know for this summer as it is dairy free so hopefully she'll be able to have some here and there.

So this is what we have been up to all week! BUSY BUSY BUSY! I have also been trying to work some extra hours throughout the week so that we may take a half day tomorrow as cousins Arielle and Addison are coming over for a play date!

I am also happy to announce that I am going to visit my new little man Luke who was born April 15th @ 2:30 AM. Both Melisa and Luke are doing great and I cant believe he is finally here! I cant wait to hold a little boy in my arms and I am dying to see this bundle of hair he is said to have. Moreover, I cant wait to turn my camera on him!

Unfortunately, I am ending on a sad note as Boxer puppy dog face, Bauer passed away Monday evening. I know how hard it is to lose a fur family member and I know how much Bauer meant to my dear friend Shannon who is a two time breast cancer survivor. Bauer was her chemo buddy and a wonderful dog. Both my girls had a bunch of fun with her on Thursday when we were doing their Easter shoot and I am so very glad I grabbed the camera and got some great shots of Shannon and Bauer. Who knew then what little time she had left. She lead a good life and was soo loved. She will be missed but I know that she is running around in fields of gold with my Mandy girl. Kisses to puppy dog heaven Bauer! xoxoxo




Here are the lyrics to the song that had me bawling in the movie theater!

Butterfly Fly Away

You tucked me in,
Turned out the light
kept me safe and sound at night
little girls depend on things like that

Brushed my teeth and combed my hair
had to drive me everywhere
you were always there when I look back

You had to do it all alone
Make a living, make a home
Must have been as hard as it could be

And when I couldn't sleep at night
Scared things wouldn't turn out right
you would hold my hand then sing to me

Caterpillar in the tree, how you wonder who you'll be
can't go far but you can always dream
Wish you may and wish you might
don't you worry hold on tight.
I promise you there will come a day
Butterfly Fly Away
Butterfly Fly Away (butterfly fly away)

Got your wings now you cant stay
Take those dreams and make them all come true
Butterfly Fly Away (butterfly fly away)
We've been waiting for this day
All along you knew just what to do
Butterfly,Butterfly,Butterfly,
Butterfly Fly Away

(Butterfly Fly Away)

(Butterfly Fly Away)


No comments:

Post a Comment