Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Monday, April 6, 2009

Beantown at it's best!

I think I am still on a HIGH from our fantastic weekend! It truly could not have been a better one! Friday afternoon, after surviving 3 hours at the DMV with an 18 month old, I got my new car! I say new, because although it is 4 years old, it looks and smells brand spanking new! My parents have always kept their cars in tip top condition and I am proud to say that I am now an owner of a 2005 Acura MDX. Whoaaaa is that cool or what? I think I feel 18 all over again. The best feature about this car (for me) is that it has a third row. No more begging Billy for a minivan. I am sure he is relieved about that! Now however, I have enough room to fit another child (hopefully mine someday). If I go out with my sister, all three kids can fit and we dont have to take separate cars. Aside from this, the car drives unbelievable and I find myself making up errands to run just so I can drive it. Did I mention it's white? My favorite car color!

We dropped the kids off Saturday morning with my parents and headed up to the Bruins game. We started off at "The Greatest Bar" having our first cocktail and then we headed over to the TD Banknorth Center. Our seats were fantastic thanks to Mom Murphy. It was a great game and Billy and I totally enjoyed ourselves. We ate like pigs! Beer, nachos, hot dogs, chicken fingers... I think I gained 5 pounds in that 3 hours! The Rangers put up a good fight, but in the end the Bruins won 1 - 0. Billy finagled a T-Shirt from an ice girl and we left the arena to head over to the hotel.

The Lenox was absolutely beautiful and we checked into our gorgeous room (Thank you Helen). There were bathrobes! YES bathrobes! I wanted to steal one so badly but after seeing the hotel bill, I decided another $40 probably wasnt worth it. We got dressed for dinner and headed over to a restaurant called Sasso's which the concierge had recommended. After glancing at the menu, we both looked at each other and said, "We have to get out of here." It just wasnt what we expected and although we wanted to get dressed up and eat at a fancy restaurant, we also wanted to eat good hearty food. Not so much a dainty, delicate meal. We ordered an appetizer and a glass of wine, both which were very good and then headed over to Grill 23. OUR KIND OF PLACE! The second we walked in the place was all abuzz. The meal we had was by far the best meal I have ever eaten. Billy agreed. We finished the evening off at Grill 23 with some warm chocolate chip cookies and vanilla milk.. what was better than that?

Sunday we got up late and had breakfast in the room.. yuummmyy French Toast and strawberries. Seriously, I gained at least 10lbs this weekend! HA! We then decided to walk around the city after we checked out. We drove for a bit and then headed over to Fenway Park since it was Opening Day for baseball. We took a stroll around the souvenir shop and then walked around the park. We were heading up the street (which was barricaded to cars) when all of a sudden, there was Josh Beckett getting out of his car and handing his keys to a valet. Instantly I was star struck and we walked up closer. We realized that where we were was where the players drove in for practice. So we decided to stand there for a bit and were able to see more players coming in. Manny Delcarmen, Brad Penny (He is one big boy), Rocco Baldelli and Kevin Yuk Yuk Youkilis, "AKA Uncle Don". I swear it was one of the coolest experiences ever. I have never been that close to a player as whenever we go to a game our seats are always pretty far back. This was quite the experience though and it truly made Billy and I excited for this baseball season! We had hoped to see Big Papi, but it was pretty cold and windy standing there and after an hour or so, we decided to leave. We finished off our afternoon with a sausage sandwich...(ok.. possibly 12lbs I gained) and it was sooo good!

We headed home in the afternoon to pick up our petunias as I had missed them so. Both girls we well behaved for Nonnie and Papa and I was so excited to see them and give them cuddles. Papa said that Layla slept great til 2:00AM and then she woke up screaming. He got her back down and then she was up at 4:00AM. He put her in bed with him on his chest and she slept til 6:00AM. Interestingly enough, he brought to my attention that he thinks she could have sleep apnea. This thought has crossed my mind before because I have heard her breathing funny. However, I remembered reading somewhere that this was normal for a baby and I quickly dismissed the thought. He told me that when she was on his chest, he couldnt sleep so he was listening to her. Her breathing would go real heavy and then real low. There would be a long pause and then she would do a gasping breath and this is what would keep waking her up. She'd be frightened and wake up screaming and then go right back down because she was so tired and wanted to be sleeping.

I know that at this point I sound like a total hypochondriac with her and I really want my Dad to come with me to her 18 month appointment tomorrow. Maybe this is what has been causing all of our sleepless nights??? In looking it up online two things stood out to me. Children with allergies tend to have sleep apnea because their tonsils and adenoids are enlarged due to their allergies. Also, sleep apnea can cause failure to thrive. I think it is totally worth bringing up to the doctor, but I am also hesitant because I dont want her to think we are total crazy hypochondriacs. I am going to beg my Dad to come with us so maybe she wont think that.

So all in all, it doesnt get any better than the weekend I had. Unfortunately the Sox opening day game has been canceled due to rain, but you betcha I'll be watching tomorrow at 4:00 PM! Swing batter batter SWWWIINNG!

No comments:

Post a Comment