Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

20lbs!



Layla has finally reached 20lbs at 18 months! This was a huge milestone for us as her growth chart had started to decline back and January. Not only did she gain weight but now she is back up in the 10th percentile for weight and this is fantastic! YAAAY! For the first time in a long time, I finally feel like we are on the right track with her!

I did mention her breathing issues while sleeping, even though my Dad wimped out on coming with me to the appointment. (Dr. Papa) She was great about wanting to look further into it as one of her sons had a similar issue, although I am sure she was saying something in her head about me being a hypochondriac! LOL We went for an x-ray to see if possibly her adenoids or tonsils are large and we shall see what becomes of that.

We had another night of terrible sleep. She went down around 8:00 in her crib no problems. By 10:30 she was up. I got her back down right away and by 11:00 she was up. Much of the rest of the night continued like this. I am so tired these days I dont know where to put myself. And yet I have a "to-do list" of things I must get done before Sunday that keeps growing and growing and growing! AHHHH! It is possible her teeth could be bugging her as well. She had a night last week where she screamed for several hours and Billy couldnt calm her. When I got home I noticed a few specks of blood on her pj's and AH HA.. she was cutting a tooth. So this possibly could be contributing to our forever sleepless nights as well. Although doping her up on Motrin is certainly not doing the trick today for nap time!

On anther note, I have begun my annual fundraising for Boston Children's Hospital. I think this year is going to be tough because of how everyone is struggling with money. I feel terribly guilty asking people to support our 5th annual 7-mile walk but at the same time, I am committed to rasing money for this event. What this hospital has done for my family and I can never be forgotten and I truly want to teach the girls about giving back in such a tremendous way. If anyone would like to learn more about this great cause, join our team, "Hannah's Heroes" or contribute financially, please visit the following link: http://howtohelp.childrenshospital.org/walk/pfp/?ID=MK0065



No comments:

Post a Comment