Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A day off

It's been a while but Mommy and the girls are playing hooky today! Upon me telling Hannah this last night, she was a little upset that she didnt know how to play this hooky game! HA! Yesterday my father had taken her on some errands and when they returned he had told me she had fallen asleep from one errand to the next. This was at 10:00 AM so right there I knew something was up. She then asked if she could curl up on the dog bed, (which I had gotten her in case she ever needed to nap at the office) and off she went to lay down. Within 5 minutes she was out cold and then slept for 2 more hours. When she got up.. BINGO 102.5 fever. I took her home, checked her ears (fine) and gave her Tylenol and she was fine the rest of the night. She still felt warm to me this morning though so we decided it was time we all took a break and just stayed home. I am sure it is just a virus that needs to run it's course and hopefully she will be bouncing around again tomorrow. However, I am totally welcoming this day! I will say that I had wished the girls would have slept past 6:00AM but all the same, we will hopefully get to snuggle up and nap this afternoon.

Layla cakes had a terrific week last week. She was sleeping better and going down in the pack n play at night (hates her crib). That is until Friday and then the sleeping all went to crap. Something is bothering her stomach and she is waking up in much distress and gas pains. She had tough nights Friday, Saturday and Sunday. She had a good night Monday and then Billy said she was up all night last night (I was on Hannah duty). So not too sure what is going on there and why she keeps having these restless nights. I am still waiting to hear on blood work for her and we have been sending stool samples to the lab as well. I am going to have to give the Pediatrician a call today to see what is going on as far as the results on these tests. That being said, I do feel as though she is starting to gain weight. She is feeling heavier to me and we will have to see what her weight reads when we go for her 18 month appointment next week. (AH 18 months already!)

On another note, I am so exceptionally thrilled for this weekend. Billy and I are celebrating our 5 year wedding anniversary and literally the first time we have been away for a night together since our honeymoon! We are catching the Bruins/Rangers game on Saturday in Boston and then we are staying at The Lenox Hotel in a luxurious room thanks to my dear friend Helen who upgraded us to a fantastic room complete with a fireplace! I truly feel like a kid in a candy store! This will be my first time leaving Layla all night and I hope I haven't inflicted too much on my parents for watching them! HA! I told my Dad to get a good night's sleep on Friday because Saturday he surely wouldn't! He is very excited to be watching them though and I am sure things will go smoothly as the girls adore their Papa.

That's all she wrote for today and I must go have some QT with the girls before this day flies by and I am left wondering where it went!

HAPPY 34th Birthday DENISE!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment