Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Monday, April 27, 2009

Hot Diggety Dog!


WOW! This weekend was one word, FANTASTIC! We owe it all to this gorgeous span of weather we are having. If this doesn't get you into the summer mode, I dont know what will! By Friday evening the girls were finally feeling better and they enjoyed a lovely evening outside with Miss Brenna. We ordered takeout and had a blast watching the Sox wipe out the Yankees! There is nothing better than a warm night filled with friends, beer and the Red Sox.


Saturday, we started the yard clean up. It was sooo nice to be outside so early in the morning and get things done. We took a break to get Hannah to skating lessons and she did great! I can definitely see an improvement after only 3 lessons. I hope that Billy gets to take her to some public skating because I think his influence on her would be wonderful and would probably be more beneficial as well. Yet, sometimes I do have to remind him that she is a girl and that she very well may not be interested in hockey! HA!

After skating we headed on over to Auntie Ju Ju's to have lunch in the park with Reanna. It was soooo nice and sooo warm! It felt wonderful and Hannah really enjoyed running all over the play yard. Papa even made a surprise guest appearance at the park! Reanna is getting so big already and I cant believe 6 months have just flown by. It is going to be adorable to watch the girls at the beach this summer.

Sunday we spent all day in the yard and we got so much accomplished. It started out as a family affair before Billy got called into work. Yet even so, we got so much accomplished I feel great about it. The leaves were raked, loom spread, front porch and driveway hosed down and I even got a chance to continue where we left off in staining the fence. I really LOVE the color stain we chose. Granted it would look even nicer if the whole fence was new but I still love the color on the old part of the fence as well. Hoping we can get this finished within the next few weeks or so. Hannah also insisted that we plant some sunflower seeds throughout the yard and it should be interesting to see if they grow or not. Fingers crossed that at least one of them grows or else the kid will be crushed. Although.. it would be pretty funny if these huge sunflowers started sprouting all about everywhere as well.

I have to say that one of my favorite parts of this weather is being able to sleep with the windows open. There is nothing better than that. I swear I sleep so much better with the sounds of nature! Secondly, I love to watch the girls play. Both girls were so happy to be outside all day long and Hannah even set the table outside last night for dinner since she insisted that we eat outside. I love to see them getting all dirty and then washing their tanned little bodies up and putting on their summer pajamas. I love the smell of them just after a bath when their hair is still wet and curly.. well at least Hannah's is.. Layla is still working on the hair thing. There is just nothing better than the sweetness that the summer brings. Hannah kept saying all day long yesterday, "This is just the best day ever Mom." My heart smiled.

One last thing... TWO WORDS.. JACOBY ELLSBURY! Billy and I were watching the game last night and we went "OHHH what just happened?" Oh that was just Jacoby.. marking his name in history! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment