Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy 4th 2011

We survived our 4th and we hope you did too!  We stayed pretty local for most of the weekend since the Chubba Luv had a bout with 5th's Disease virus.  The rash went away pretty quickly, but his fussiness remained a bit.  I am thinking that this is due to some more chompers that may be making their way down.  I hate to even call his behavior "fussy" because he is such a good baby.  It's more that I can tell when he is "off" because he wants to be held and will tend to cry more often.  Today he most definitely seems more like himself and has actually been taking more and more steps.  He is so darn cute and proud of himself when this happens.  He makes sure that I am watching him and looks for me after his accomplishment and flashes me that toothy smile of his.  It is beyond adorable!


The sad part about our weekend is that we somehow missed fireworks.  I am pretty bummed out about this.  4th of July doesnt seem complete without the enjoyment and the boom of fireworks.  It just didnt seem to work out so that we could get to any.  Friday was out of the question with Cam being sick and he received his 1 year shots so I knew it would be off to bed early for him.  So we missed the beach fireworks.  Our town didnt have them this year which I think is pretty lame.  I realize there is a budget issue, but still... how can you not have fireworks???   I guess if you dont have the money, then you can't buy them.  I get it, but I still think it's lame!  LOL


Friday we ended up having a movie night and the girls were thrilled to have Daddy home before bedtime for the first time in ions.  He promised Hannah a movie night so we sat and snuggled up to watch "Diary of a Wimpy Kid 2".  Cute.  I actually liked it better than the first.  Daddy pulled out all the stops and showered them with cheese balls, chips, ice cream and pretzels.  Needless to say that bedtime was a little delayed! 


Saturday I was itching to get out of the house with them just for a bit.  I knew Cam still wasnt feeling well, but I couldnt spend the entire gorgeous day cooped up in the house.  Seeing that I have a banana about to turn SEVEN years old and we had previously discussed her getting her ear's pierced for this birthday, we decided that would be the perfect outing we needed.  I also had some things to return from Cameron's birthday so we headed out to the Commons.  Hannah was a riot.  She wanted to get her ears pierced so badly, but she was also terrified.  I kept telling her we could wait.  There was still plenty of time.  But no, she insisted and after deciding it was best to sit on Mommy's lap during the procedure, she did it!  I was so proud of her and so happy to have this moment with her.  I can't believe the time had finally arrived that I felt she was old enough to do this.  I always said that I wanted her to be old enough to acknowledge that it was "special."  Christ, my Dad made me wait til I was thirteen and if he had his way I would have been twenty-two.  I felt the time was right for Han.  I felt like she needed that something to make her feel special since she has been such a big help with the little ones and is just growing up on me.  Needless to say they look adorable and I really love the aqua blue flower earrings she chose.  She is doing great with cleaning the area three times a day.  I can't help but keep staring at her. 


Saturday night we went out to eat and it was a disaster from the start.  We headed out late and by the time we chose a place to eat, the kids were starving and melting down.  We decided on Tortilla Flats and the waitstaff was slow which made everything worse.  The people surrounding us were loud and obnoxious and saying very off key things with the children being in ear shot.  (What the hell is wrong with people sometimes?  I mean, even as a twenty something, I knew enough not to curse in a restaurant where children were or talk about SEX excrutiatingly loud either!  Seriously?  I was disgusted with these people!)   Both Billy and I were ticked and I left to take Cameron to the car even before I finished eating.  I didnt miss much because the food was horrible and Billy couldnt wait to get out of there either.  Bad choice on my part, but at least now we know.  I think at one point I felt like I was juggling a circus act while trying to keep Cameron from screaming and jumping out of the highchair, trying to keep Layla from doing potty in her pants while fighting with Hannah all while catching airborne pens, markers and crayons.  It wasnt their fault.  It was late and we should have planned better.  Although the restaurant service totally compounded the meltdowns.   


Sunday we spent out and about the yard and catching up with cleaning and laundry.  I really didnt have the energy to do much more.  I dont know what has gotten into me lately but I am feeling really down in the dumps about myself.  Could I be going through a mid life crisis early?  Who knows!  It's silly and stupid, but lately I feel so matronly and slumpish.  I feel like I put everyone else before me and I have ALWAYS been happy to do so, but lately, I am getting the itch to do some things for myself.  It's an entirely different feeling for me because I always felt like I was suffocating if I would spend five minutes without the kids.  I hated it and would often be an anxious mess to leave them for any period of time.  Something has changed and I just sort of want to find ME again.  It is SOOO hard with Billy's work schedule, but I have to really try and do some things for myself to make me feel better about myself.  I use to be so in tuned to keeping up my appearance and I want to get that pizazz back.  I want to feel good about myself and happy with myself.  In the end, I know this will make me a better mother and a better wife.  So I have set some goals for myself.  I am hoping to keep these little promises to myself so that I can get back on track. 


Yesterday we headed down to RCB to meet up with my family down the beach house.  The weather cleared nicely and we spent a gorgeous day soaking up the rays and playing with all the kiddos.  I love days like this.  Some people think it is chaos, but I truly eat it up.  I enjoy seeing the kids playing with their cousins and knowing that in the years to come they will be the best of friends.  I had certainly missed my sister after not seeing her for an entire week and spending some time with her also helped to put a smile on my face.  As the evening approached, Mr. Mikey made us a fantabulous dinner.  Even the kids ate it up which was surprising to me since they can be relatively picky with meals.  We cleaned up and got ready for the RCB Pots and Pans Parade.  I freaking love this parade.  I love dressing up the kids and I love watching their faces squeal with delight.  I love seeing the longtime residents waving to the kids and smiling.  It's just down right awesomeness and this year proved no less.  Cameron got a huge kick out of it and any occasion to make some noise, he takes advantage of!  All of the kids had a blast and thoroughly enjoyed the ice cream treats afterwards.  We cleaned them up and got them home to bed.  Layla fell asleep on the ride home which made it for an easy bed time!   


So all in all it was a nice weekend even though I didnt get to see my fireworks.  We are going to have to plan a bit better for next year.  So many plans so little time!  xo


No comments:

Post a Comment