Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Hannah's HOT HOT Birthday!



I can't believe that my first born is 7 today.  SEVEN!  How on God's green earth did SEVEN whole years fly by so quickly?  I swear I can remember her birth like it was just yesterday.  Her teeny, tiny little 5lb body that was too small for preemie clothes.  My very first look at what life was really all about.  My miracle baby who defied all the odds and beat a life threatening circumstance.  Now I look at her and I can hardly make out the little girl in her anymore.  She is seven going on seventeen and what I wouldnt do to have my little girl back.  I know growing up is a part of life.  I should be ecstatic that she is a healthy, happy meatball.  Yet, it always depresses me to know that in just a few short years, we will approach the age where she will want nothing to do with me.  I just want to keep her MINE forever.  Can I do that?  Because I want to so badly.


However, my SEVEN year old is truly having a blast today on this almost 100 degree day!  Miss Layla cakes and I sang her Happy Birthday over a candle lit cupcake for breakfast this morning.  She blew the candle out so quickly that I told her she forgot to make a wish!  So we lit it again and she made her wish inside her head... to which I said, "NO Hannah.. you CANT meet Justin Bieber."  She said, "How did you know that was my wish?"  LOL  I totally freaked her out.  Miss Makenzie came over to hang with us today as Hannah's special Birthday Friend and we headed out to buy the banana a birthday outfit for her roller skating party tomorrow.  My glitz and glamour girl chose a sparkly skirt with leggins and a JB T-shirt.. but of course.  Then we got her a birthday crown at Claire's which she has been traipsing all around in today.  We headed to Target to meet Auntie Ju Ju, Nonnie and the baby cousins.  Auntie Ju Ju had her pick out some art supplies and an art organizer bin.  Hannah was thrilled since art is her favorite pastime.  From Target we headed over to Newport Creamery for lunch where we met Grammy, Auntie Leanne and the rest of her little cousins.  Eight kids all together.. and they were good as pie!  Except the very last couple of minutes when we were getting up to leave and all eight of them began to cry in unison.  We had the place laughing their pants off because it was so comical.  From there we actually squeaked in a quick trip to Stop and Shop for Han's Birthday cake.  I now had 5 kids as cousin Arielle hopped in with us... one was a very tired little baby boy who still somehow managed to be pleasant for our quick little errand.  I swear it is a gazillion times easier having 5 kids than 3.  They entertain each other and keep each other so happy.  People kept staring at me in the market thinking I was some crazy woman having 5 kids... but seriously, I traipsed around proud to have these 5 with me.  It helped that they were good as gold and I looked like the mother who had it all under control!  LOL  It felt powerful I tell ya!  I've got to talk to Billy about ending at 3.  LOL


Tonight we are having a little birthday cake for Han and Nonnie and Papa and Grammy and Grampy are heading over.   It should be the perfect ending to a 7 year old girl's birthday!  I am so lucky and so blessed to have this dancing queen in my life.  I thank God every day for sending her to me and changing my life forever.  My princess, I wish you a lifetime of perfect health and an abundance of happiness!  I love you Hannah Banana Meatball!!!!  To the moon and the stars and BACK!


Layla was crying because she wanted to be in CHARGE!  LOL

All 8 of em!

I was folding laundry the other day and walked into the kitchen to put the kitchen towels away and came back to this.  I mean... could he be any cuter?????????

No comments:

Post a Comment