Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas


I am posting now as I know the next several days will find me a bit too busy to be able to find the solace of my computer. So first and foremost, I am wishing all of you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! May it be filled with the Christmas spirit, laughter, good fortune and good health. May the new year bring you much joy and many new found miracles! Snuggle tight with your little ones and loved ones and enjoy the reason for the season as this is the time that dreams do come true!

I cant believe how quickly this holiday has snuck up on us! I finally finished my shopping this morning as I had thrown my poor dollies in the car at 7:30 and headed out to run our errands prior to work. Thankfully we got it all done and I am relieved! Billy is running to the market for me (these are the times when I truly appreciate him!). I cant imagine if I had to fit that in, especially with both girls today!

I was able to finish printing out the girl's holiday portrait and I have to say, it came out adorable for not going to a studio. I am so thankful to my brother for letting me borrow his camera. I got some terrific shots of the girls and as soon as he get's a chance, my brother promised to download them on my computer. My brother will be happy to see that he is getting an extra frame with an adorable picture of his God daughter in it as well! We wrapped them all last night and I finished wrapping the girls gifts in between Layla's awakenings.

Santa came for an early visit in the evening. I have to say, our Santa has come every year since Hannah was born. That year, being particularly memorable as it was when we knew that baby Hannah was going to be okay health wise. I think I cried as he gave me a beautiful angel that Christmas. I knew the meaning behind the gift and I truly appreciated the gesture. Each and every year he comes bearing the most adorable gifts for my girl and now my girls. I am so grateful to him as he is my best friend's father and he has a heart of gold. He takes his Santa job very seriously and to be honest, I almost think that someday he would actually like to BE Santa! He would make the best one! (wink)

We are heading to Layla's gastro appointment at 2:30. I am a little leery as I am not such a fan of our local children's hospital, but I am also trying to stay positive in thinking that this appointment may put us a step in the right direction. She is still having terrible bouts of diarrhea but thankfully, the diaper rash has cleared up (Thank you Kerri Frezza!) and I was able to get two samples off to the lab this morning.. NOT FUN! In the least bit! I am at wits end trying to figure out the cause and how to stop it and I am hoping that between this appointment and the allergist appointment on the 30th, we will get to the bottom of it and my poor little petunia can finally get some relief! I know the fact that all of her teeth decided to come in at once isnt helping matters in the least either. She had two teeth which she cut at 10 months and then nothing until now! All of a sudden she has 6 more coming in at once! My toothless child is no longer! :)

I am very much looking forward to Christmas morning. Moreover to see Hannah and Layla's reactions. There is just nothing like the excitement. It is the next best thing since I was a child running down the stairs to see what Santa had left! My parents always made Christmas so special in our house that I am so excited to transcend the tradition on to my own family. I know Hannah is going to be thrilled with her presents and I am very much looking forward to seeing Layla react to it all as well. Again, and I know I say this often, but I am truly blessed. Truly.

Lastly, I just have to post a great big gracious thank you to the big man above. He kept my sister and baby niece safe yesterday when a tree fell through their house and crashed into my niece's brand new nursery. I am still in disbelief but so relieved that no one was harmed. My sister had taken Reanna from her crib only a half hour prior to the incident and I am just so thankful that the good Lord watched over them. I know that it was one thing after another for them yesterday and everything seemed to have gone inevitably wrong, but the one fact that remains is that everyone is safe and sound. I know the disappointment and horror they must be feeling about having so many things ruined however, they can be replaced. My sister and niece can't and I am ever so grateful that nothing harmed them. Thank you GOD!

Well I am off to finish the work on my desk and then head out to our appointment. I will sign off by saying a great big thank you to my family and friends for all that you do to grace my life and the lives of my children. I am and forever will be grateful for the outpouring of love you show us throughout the year.


Merry Christmas!











No comments:

Post a Comment