Love That Mama Drama

Love That Mama Drama

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The after Christmas let down


Am I alone in still feeling that same feeling I use to feel as a child when Christmas was over? (Sigh) I think I have gone into a mini depression of sorts. I know I shouldn't feel this way, especially as an adult, but I still get that pit in my stomach. Christmas is over. All the hustle and bustle of the season has ended and I feel.. well.. a little empty.

As soon as November hits I get into the spirit of the season and I have to say this year, as all the previous, I had the best of intentions to get organized, have my shopping done and have it all wrapped by December 1st so that I could just sit back and relax and enjoy seasonable events with the girls. NOT SO MUCH! Yes, I was still shopping on December 23rd and now here I sit with the holiday come and gone and I feel so guilty for not taking the time to enjoy it more. I should have taken a breath, stopped and exhaled. I intended to, but I didnt.

Last night we took down the last of the decorations and the tree. This too, I dread. I remember my parents doing it shortly after Christmas and by New Years, everything was down. I never understood why they couldnt keep them up just a bit longer for us kids to enjoy. Now I get it. For me anyway, looking at them just reminded me of the holiday that was gone. It was more depressing for me to look at them then to just take them down, clean up and forge ahead. I did feel better this morning waking up to a clean, uncluttered house and I know that as the days go on I will get back into the swing of things and look forward to putting out some Valentine decorations.

The girls most certainly did enjoy Christmas Day as did I. This Christmas we tried to keep everything in check and only did one house per day which definitely made things a bit easier on us, and more importantly, the girls. We were able to sit, relax and not stress the next place we would have had to go to. Hannah loved her Christmas treats that Santa left and Layla got a big kick out of it all as well. I dont think she has put her guitar down since Christmas morning! Layla is also enjoying her little battery operated car and zooming all over the house. It is quite hysterical to watch. Family and friends were more than generous and at one point, I had a mini clothing store on my dining room table! WOW! I need not buy them a single thing til the Spring! THANK YOU!

It seems as though I have come down with yet another cold. Did I ever even get over the last one? I am certainly not feeling well and an extremely restless night of sleep for the girls and I is definitely adding to my yuckiness. This cold has brought along some aches and pains and my back is so sore and my shoulders are as well. Layla also hasnt been right and I am suspecting an ear infection. She has had an on and off fever for the past several days and is not sleeping well at all. We have her appointment at the allergist today and I am going to ask them to check her ears. Moreover, I am quite anxious to get to the bottom of all of her allergies.

The GI appointment confirmed our suspicions as to her being allergic to the protein in milk as this is different than just a milk allergy. Being that she is allergic to the protein in milk, she is not able to ingest soy milk, lactaid or the like. As well as an array of foods that I had no idea this protein existed in! (eg: lunch meat) So much for all that ham I had been feeding her! She was placed on a special formula that is currently costing us $50 per can and only lasts 3 days. It's quite a hefty price and we are hoping to find a way to order it in bulk so that it is not so expensive. Otherwise, I may be finding myself getting another job in order to afford it. I am totally beside myself that health coverage wont cover it. She needs it in order to thrive! How do you not consider that a medication? Aye, that's beside the point I guess since it is completely doing the job and our horrific bouts of diarrhea have ceased. She actually had a few normal BM's! Hopefully this allergist appointment will get to the very bottom of all the rest of her food allergies and then in working with the nutritionist, we can devise a menu of what she CAN eat since it seems like hardly anything these days. I am not looking forward to keeping her calm during the scratch test, although I know this is the only thing that is going to help us get to the bottom of everything so I will do the best I can.

I hope that everyone enjoys a very Happy and Healthy New Year! I have vowed to stop and smell the roses a bit more as this thing called life seems to be passing me by way too quickly. I also need to get my butt moving and get motivated to lose some pounds this new year! I am thinking of taking up spin.. any takers? LOL


Lots of Love and HAPPY NEW YEAR!


















No comments:

Post a Comment